fredag, juli 18, 2008

Yet another Camco


Just finished this project. I got three shells with three badges only in the US last year - the original dark wood lacquer finish had been taken off along with all fittings and there was just a mess of badly applied white paint. I will eventually do these in black cellulose lacquer (if I can ever find any) but in the meantime I have inaccurately re-wrapped them in this reasonable (and very cheap) facsimile of Camco's quirky and unique 3D Moire finish until I have a better idea. The wrapped shells are all Oaklawn (60's) 12" x 8", 14" x 14" and the very rare 20" x 12". It took forever to get all the lugs. The snare is a 70s LA badge COB 5" deep. It's been ages since I had a kit this small but I love 'em. Unlikely I'll make it to the show this year though.

3 kommentarer:

Roger sa...

Too bad we don't get to see your Camco beauties this year! Hopefully you'll be able to reschedule - fingers crossed. That 3D moire kit looks awesome. I think you should keep them that way. Classic Camco look.

Lars H "moderator" sa...

I agree!
Keep the finish!
Only die hard Camco collectors will see the anacronism.
All others will do the same as me: drool....!
Hope you make it to Katrineholm. Maybe Niklas is planning on coming this year...?
/Lars

BIRDMOUNTAIN sa...

Camcos 3D finish is the best, keep it that way!