torsdag, maj 24, 2007

Thin crash and splash cymbals from the swing era







Here is 3 very old A. Zildjian cymbals in size "12", "15" and "16". The stamp on the cymbals is from the late 30:s ( the "15") and early 40:s ("12" and "16"). Very thin cymbals, completely hand- made with a dark well controlled sound. Soundwise those cymbals is somewhere between an old turkish K. and a Paiste formula 602 thin crash. Beutiful tone, great for acoustic jazz or recording! The cymbal on Australian ebay looks to be from the same era.

2 kommentarer:

Lars H "moderator" sa...

Hmmm
Would fit my Steiner kit...
And my birthday is in March:-)
Nice pictures!
As they say: always listen to the preacher!
/Lars H

Roger sa...

Somewhere between a turkish K and a Paiste 602...hmm...sounds pretty ideal! The problem for me is that I often love the sound of cymbals that I can't use a lot. The thin, complex and dark concept doesn't really work in the rock bands I'm playing. Furthermore, the risk of breakage is huge. However, I have a few pies that i just use at home - particularly thin 602:s.